OK, OK, I admit, I’m copycat-ing Galaxie’s Suzie, but she’s my idol. I can’t help it. Anyway, she writes it better than I do, she -and the entire Galaxie crew- needn’t be angry with me.
Anyways, back to the topic. OK. Disney’s Musical Obsession. After -or before- watching Camp Rock, do you ever think, “Another musical again..” or “Another HSM again..” or “Another Disney musical again..” ? Soon, before you know it, Disney’ll produce another HSM-and-Camp-Rock-combined-with-a-little-Hairspray-in-between musical movie.
Here are the ,erm, characteristics needed to produce a musical:
- Find a GORGEOUS girl who has great singing skills but lacks confidence.
- Find another CUTE boy who also has great singing skills but doesn’t even know it because he thinks singin’ isn’t a boy thang. Or in Camp Rock’s case, a boy who is a great singer but has wretched morals.
- Make sure there’s a Starting Song before every movie as a prologue. eg. The Start of Something New. What Time Is It? (HSM) , Who Will I Be? (CR)
- Put Girl and Boy together in a whole new environment.
- Make sure Girl gets a girlfriend. Fast. (Even though Girl dissed her.)
- Girl and boy starts to get cosy in movie #1 but relationship starts to grow in movie #2. (I hope CR does.)
- Villianess a.k.a Queen Bee -whose mind is always about me, me, me- and her girls -or brother- tries to steal Girl’s limelight. And boyfriend.
- Boy doesn’t like Villianess (obviously) but Girl and Boy likes each other. (another obviously)
- Villianess sings a “me, me, me” song onstage but ended up humiliating herself. eg. Bop to the Top, You are the Music in Me(Sharpay version) (HSM), Two Stars (CR)
- Girl and boy perform duet onstage. (Even though its not planned.)
- Girl and Boy’s performance turned out to be the awesome-est.
- The Villianess becomes friendly just to participate in the Ending Song(s).
- Oh, and then there’s the Ending Song, where everyone joins in, including the Villianess and her peeps, which is lead by the Girl and Boy. eg. Together, All For One (HSM), We Rock, Our Time Is Here (CR)
Am I right, or am I right?
I think that’s all. I’m writing crap again. Sigh.
High School Musical
You can bet after the East Highers graduate, its the Camp Rock saga instead.
COMING UP: Disney Celebs’ No-nos